C58-363 was manufactured at the Kawasaki Sharyo Co., serial No. 2941,
on the 19th of February 1944, and was deployed to the Kamaishi depot.|
She worked mainly on Sendai area's Rikuu-West, Rikuu-East, Banetsu-West line .... etc.
Finally, she was moved to the Shinjyo depot during August 1966, and was retired during October 1972.
Later her registration was crossed off on the 1st of December 1972.
After retirement, C58-363 was preserved at the Fukiage elementary school in Fukiage town (currently Konosu city)
Saitama prefecture during May 1973.
During 1988, when Saitama prefecture decided to hold the Saitama Festival, a steam train service was planned.
As a result, C58-363 was restored, and the completed restoration was on the 6th of February 1988.
However, in the end, the steam train did not run in the festival, and C58-363 was transferred to Chichibu city.
And later, C58-363 was transferred to the Chichibu Railway Co.
and regular service was started by the Chichibu Railway, during March 1988.