Moka Railway Company
C12-66 was manufactured at the Hitachi Seisakujo Co., Kasado works serial No. 517, on the 29th of November 1933.|
After its inception, C12-66 was deployed to Kagoshima, Kogota, Miyako, Hirosaki depots ..... and later transferred to the Kamisuwa depot during 1944. Thereafter, C12-66 was active for switching operations in the Kamisuwa area.
During March 1972, C12-66's preservation was decided at Kawamata town Fukushima prefecture, therefore, she was transferred to the Aizu-Wakamatsu depot.
On the 14th of May 1972, JNR Kawamata line was closed. C12-66 pulled the "Good Bye Kawamata-Line" train with a C12-60 in a double-headed configuration. Also C12-66 was retired on this day.
And she was preserved at the site of Iwashiro-Kawamata station, Fumotogawa apartment complex.
During 1991, Moka Railway (A third-sector company in the city of Moka) planned a restored steam train.
During September 1991, an operational engine was selected with the well-preserved engine C12-66, and she was transferred to the JR Omiya works.
C12-66 restoration work was started during April 1992 and was finished during November 1993. And the Moka railway's steam train service was started on the 27th of March 1994 with the C12-66.
C12-66's sister engine C12-67. She was also preserved at Chino city.
Tatsuno yard on the Chuo line, during 1970.
Kamisuwa's steam were dieselized during March 1972.
The surviving last C12s were the three (No. 66, 67 and 171) engines. They were also operated as Special-Ski trains during the winter season on the Iiyama line