C11-227 was manufactured at the Nippon Sharyo Co., serial No. 1108, on the 9th of September 1942,
and first deployment was to Naebo depot in Sapporo city.|
Afterward, she worked in the Hokkaido area for her entire lifetime until retirement.
During March 1974, she was moved to the Kushiro depot.
C11-227 was retired on the next year of 25th June 1975 and was sold to the Oigawa Railway Co.
The Oigawa Railway Co. started the restored steam train from the 9th of July 1976 as the C11-227.
C11-227 became the first restored engine other than those of the JNR.
During 2008, her boiler was replaced from the retired engine C11-312.