D51 200
Active-preservation
1938 - 1972
D51-200 was manufactured at the Government Railway's Hamamatsu works manufactured No.25 during 1938.
Later it was active on the Tokaido line, and afterwards it was moved to the Chuo-West line, during 1957. Later, D51-200 was active on the Chuo-West line Nakatsugawa depot, until moving to Umekoji Museum.

Two class D51's, were chosen, primarily because it was the largest single class locomotive manufactured (1,115) in Japan. And secondarily, they wanted to save a Government rollingstock workshops made engine.
Other than D51-200, all other preserved engines were made by private companies.


Consult please Class D51



Biographic Data Chart

Date Depot Application
Oct 1938 JGR Hamamatsu works Manufacture
Oct 1938 Inazawa Deployment
Mar 1943 Maibara Transferred
Nov 1945 Ogaki Transferred
May 1950 Nakatugawa Transferred
03 Oct 1972 Umekoji Transferred
28 Mar 1979 JNR, Umekoji Deregistered
1979 - 1987 Umekoji Museum Preserved
01 Apr 1987 Umekoji Museum Reregistered








Introduction

Go to Top