D50 140
Inactive-preservation
1926 - 1972
D50-140 was manufactured at the Hitachi Co. manufactured No.199 during 1925, and was active mainly in the Kansai area.

D50-140 was named class 9900, No. 19939, and was later changed to D50-140.
After WW2, D50-140 was moved to Kyushu and active as a coal train on Northern-Kyushu's lines. Finally, D50-140 was retired during April 1971 at the Wakamatsu depot, and was billed as the "Good By D50" train. However, there is an unheard story in regard to D50-140 after retirement, she pulled irregular trains during the summer of 1972.

It appears that the engine was in poor condition and soon after it was moved to Umekoji. D50-140 was dropped as a restored engine on the 28th of March 1979 on paper.


Consult please Class D50

Biographic Data Chart

Date Depot Application
Mar 1926 Hitachi Co. Manufacture
Mar 1926 Umekoji Deployment
Dec 1927 Itozaki Transferred
Mar 1928 Okayama Transferred
Oct 1928 D50 140 Renamed
Nov 1928 Himeji Transferred
Oct 1930 Umekoji Transferred
Dec 1931 Suita Transferred
Date Depot Application
Apr 1941 Dairi (Moji) Transferred
Oct 1942 Nogata Transferred
Oct 1968 Wakamatu Transferred
01 Jan 1972 Umekoji Transferred
16 May 1972 Nogata On lend
20 Sep 1972 Umekoji Time returned
28 Mar 1979 JNR, Umekoji Deregistered
1979 - Umekoji Museum Exhibit










D50-140 in Chikuho line
(Photo in T.S. position)
This rare scene of the D50-140 remains of the pre-WW2 period.
Around 1937, the Ministry of Railroads produced a movie called "Railroad Signal " and in it, the D50-140 can be clearly seen passing Kyoto station.




Introduction

Go to Top