C58-1 was manufactured at the Kisya Seizo Co. it's manufactured number was 1578 during 1938,
and was active mainly in the Kanto area.|
Later, it was moved to Hokkaido's Kitami depot during 1950.
Since then C58-1 has been active on the Sekihoku and Senmo lines, until moved to Umekoji during 1972.
C58-1 also spent a long period of time in cold Hokkaido, much like C55-1.
So, C58-1 was also fitted with Cold area equipment, such as rotary windows etc.....
When restored steam trains began to be used on the Yamaguchi line by C57-1 during 1979,
C58-1 also stayed on with Yamaguchi line for backup service during 1979 to 1980.
But C58-1 saw almost no service.
During June of 1980, C58-1 also served as a Special Steam Train for
the "Commemoration of the 120 years since the opening of Yokohama port " in the Yokohama area.
Because of its deteriating condition, she was retired during March of 1987.
Consult please Class C58