C53-45 was manufactured at the Kisya Seizo Co. and it's manufactured number was 1040 during 1928,
and was posted to Umekoji depot.|
Since then, she was active on the Tokaido and Sanyo main lines.
C53-45 for the most part, belonged to Umekoji depot for it's entire lifetime.
She was deregistered during 6 November 1948, and escaped scrapping.
She was exhibited at the JNR Suita Railway School for educational purposes,
and was later moved to Takatori (Kobe) works during 1957.
It remained in a dilapidated condition for a long time.
Afterward, in 1961, C53-45 was exhibited at the newly opened Osaka Modern Transportation Museum.
Thereafter, C53-45 was repaired and restored to it's original shape at the Takatori works.
The restored C53-45 was a self-pulling actual train between Takatori and Suita yard, during the 20th of September 1961.
Then, it was exhibited in the museum until the Umekoji opening.
During 24th - 30th September 1972, C53-45 was moved to Umekoji Museum from the Osaka Modern Transportation Museum.
Consult please Class C53