C51-239 was referred to as the "Miraculous revival engine" among Umekoji museums preserved engines.
C51-239 was manufactured at the Kisya Seizo Co. and it's manufactured number was 936 during 1927.
At the time of it's production, she was named class 18900 No. 38938, and was later changed to C51-239.
After it's conception, it was active on the Tokaido main lines express train services.
After WW2, C51-239 was moved to the Niigata area, and was active on the Uetsu, Shinetsu and Hokuriku sub-main lines.
During it's active days, C51-239 was designated the " Royal Engine ", and pulled the Imperial Train for 104 times.
Thereafter, C51239 was deregistered during the 26th of October 1962, it was designated the first "Historical Railroad Sub-Monument ",
and was preserved with an opened side view for display at Niigata railway school, during October 1963.
However, next year during Jun 1964, C51-239 was damaged from the Niigata great earthquake.
And also the school was moved during 1966.
However the engine was left on the site, and went into ruin during the following years ....
During 1971, C51-239 was in an almost junk scrap condition.
In 1972, when C51 was nominated to be a restored model, almost nobody remembered Loyal Engine C51-239.
But a miraculous comeback was achieved at the JNR Nagano works.
C51-239 was completely restored to it's original state, and was exhibited at Umekoji.
Consult please ....
Class C51 and Superexpress Tsubame